Model Contractor Development Program Kicks Off September 12
Jackson, Mississippi — August 30, 2016 — The Mississippi Development Authority kicks off its Model Contractor Development Program workshop series at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 12, at the Roy Anderson Corp. facility at 11400 Reichold Road in Gulfport, Mississippi.
Workshop participants will learn how to increase their operations and bonding capacity. The nine-week workshop series is free, but participants must enroll or already be enrolled in the Mississippi Contractor Procurement Network system (www.mscpc.com) to attend. Additionally, each company’s representative must agree to attend at least seven of the nine sessions to successfully complete the program.
The workshops will be held Monday evenings from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., with the exception of the Oct. 11 session, which will be held on a Tuesday. The program schedule follows:
- Sept. 12 – Kickoff and Orientation
- Sept. 19 – Business Planning and Management
- Sept. 26 – Construction Accounting and Financial Management
- Oct. 3 – Marketing, Estimating, and Bidding
- Oct. 11 – Banking and Financing for Contractors
- Oct. 17 – Project Management and Field Operations
- Oct. 24 – Bonding and Insurance
- Oct. 31 – Claims and Dispute Resolution
- Nov. 7 – Success Stories & Graduation
The Gulfport MCDP workshop series is sponsored by MDA, Roy Anderson Corporation and the South Mississippi Contract Procurement Center.
Seating is limited, so interested parties are encouraged to register by visiting www.mscpc.com, selecting the “Events Calendar” and then “Sept. 12.” For more information about the MCDP, contact Latonia Shirley with MDA’s Minority and Small Business Development Division at (601) 359-6678 or firstname.lastname@example.org.