MCDP Starts September 25 in Greenwood
Greenwood, Miss. (September 12, 2012) – The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will launch its Model Contractor Development Program (MCDP) workshop series in Greenwood, Miss., on Tuesday, September 25, 2012, from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
The eight weekly workshops, designed to teach small contractors and businesses practices that will improve their company’s operations and increase their bonding capacity, will be held each Tuesday at the Greenwood Leflore County Chamber of Commerce, 402 Hwy. 82 West.
The MCDP workshop series is free of charge and open to all small contractors and businesses, but participants must enroll or already be enrolled in the Mississippi Contractor Procurement Network system (www.mscpc.com) in order to attend. Additionally, each company’s representative must agree to attend seven of the eight sessions to successfully complete the course.
“The MCDP workshop series teaches contractors the business practices needed to help their companies grow in this economy,” said Bob Covington, director of MDA’s Minority and Small Business Development Division. “By participating in the program, Mississippi contractors and other small businesses can better position themselves to benefit from available contracting opportunities, helping ensure the long-term success of their companies.”
Beginning with the September 25 kick-off, the program schedule follows:
- Tuesday, September 25, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Kickoff/Orientation
- Tuesday, October 2, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Business Planning
- Tuesday, October 9, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Banking & Bonding
- Tuesday, October 16, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Construction Accounting and Financial Management
- Tuesday, October 23, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Marketing, Estimating & Bidding
- Tuesday, October 30, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Project Management & Field Operations
- Tuesday, November 6, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Claims & Dispute Resolution
- Tuesday, November 13, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Success Stories, Graduation & Conclusion
The Greenwood workshop series is being sponsored by MDA, The Surety and Fidelity Association of America and the Greenwood-Leflore Carroll Economic Development Foundation.
Seating is limited, so interested parties are encouraged to register early. To register, visit www.mscpc.com, and select “Events Calendar” and then “September 25, 2012.” For more information about the MCDP or to register by phone, please contact MDA’s Minority and Small Business Development Division at 601.359.6678.