Central American Business Development Mission
The Mississippi Development Authority invites you to participate in a multi-sector Business Development Mission to Central America in September 2015. Mission stops will include Panama, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
The mission will focus on helping Mississippi companies launch or increase their export business in the Central American markets. The mission will help participating firms gain market information, make business and government contacts, solidify business strategies, and advance specific projects.
Each stop will include one-on-one business appointments with pre-screened potential buyers, agents, distributors and joint venture partners. An optional city/country stop may be provided upon your request. The delegation will be comprised of Mississippi firms representing a cross section of U.S. industries with growing potential in the Central American markets.
MDA and the U.S. Small Business Administration will provide financial and administrative support for one rep for qualified companies*
• Free pre-mission market research & business potential
• Up to 75% of B2B appointments with qualified buyers
• Up to 50% of travel expenses (airfare, hotel, per diem)
• Up to 100% of translation services
• Customized itinerary and logistical support from MDA
and the Foreign Commercial Service staff
*Financial support available for companies approved for STEP
up to Exporting STEP
This will be a multi-industry mission; however the
following sectors have been identified as lucrative
• Agricultural Sector
• Automotive Parts/Service Equipment
• Building Products
• Construction Equipment
• Port/Shipbuilding Equipment
• Security and Safety Equipment
• Telecommunications Equipment
• Logistics Sector Opportunities
Space is limited to five companies for Costa Rica and Nicaragua and is available on a first come first served basis. The deadline to register and receive financial incentives is JULY 29, 2015.